Experience The Power of Young, Strong, and Brilliant Teams.
Connect with fellow like-minded women from the tech industry and work on solutions towards making lives better by the means of tech. We might be less in numbers, but we’re no less in capability. This year, Hacking for Humanity is co-organized with the SHEQUAL Foundation and Women in Big Data Nepal and will take place in person from February 10 to 12 (Fri-Sun), 2023.
Who Can Join?
We invite every female across Nepal who wants to learn, test out her wild ideas, work in teams with fellow women from across the country, build and test out prototypes, and ultimately make a positive impact through the means of technology. This includes young women from all walks of life.
Participation for the event is FREE and open to females or individuals with non-binary identity only. The participants must be at least 16 years old at the time of registration and be able to attend the event in person in Kathmandu, Nepal.
What To Build?
Participating teams will be guided through a design process and supported by mentors to build a viable prototype or solution for the given challenge. The process consists of the following parts:
- DISCOVERY: understand the challenge, explore the scope, and prioritize a specific area of the problem scope
- IDEATION: brainstorm potential solutions, iterate over ideas & map out results, and settle on one idea to explore further as a prototype
- PROTOTYPING: define the solution on a high level, map out workflows, create mockups, sketch user interfaces, build a prototype
- TESTING: test the prototype/solution in the wild, sit together with other teams, explain the prototype & gather feedback
- IMPROVE: based on the testing feedback do 1-2 rounds of improvements on your prototype
One prototype per team will be submitted through Devpost & be presented in the final pitch.
Learn more about this hackathon including instructions, judging criteria, and prizes on our Devpost site.
How can you participate?
- The hackers will register as a group of three via the Ncell App.
- After registration you shall receive a form for idea submission. Each team needs to submit written details about their problem statement, proposed idea, and the sustainability of their idea along with a 1-minute elevator pitch video in the idea submission application.
- Each team shall receive selection information from Girls in Tech Nepal by Feb 1. After your team is selected, a representative from the selected teams will register on DevPost.
- All team members of selected teams will get the finale event tickets from Eventbrite.
- Your team will attend the finale in a designated venue from Feb 10 to Feb 12. Winners will be announced on Feb 12.
- The Hacking for Humanity registration is open only via the Ncell App. For registering, please access the registration link via a smartphone with the Ncell App.
- Please read the application questions beforehand to prepare the answers and the video pitch.
- For any difficulties in the registration process, please contact our team.